Through C&MC Inc., Dr. Elliott offers professional independent engineering services and technical support in metallurgy, corrosion and high-temperature materials performance for all sectors of industry and for litigation support.
HIRE DR. ELLIOTT TO...
- Design appraisals, inspections, site surveys, failure investigations, cause and origin assessments, testing and simulation studies
Investigate major plant failures – including process plant, refineries, gas turbines, boilers, pipelines and buildings following explosions, fires, flood damage and structural collapse
- Assess malfunctioning equipment, component breakdowns, electrical failures, cargo condition surveys, buildings and infrastructure, pipelines, water mains, underground storage tanks, supports and guardrails, poorly fabricated parts and equipment
- Offer independent advice on materials, design and corrosion control for engineers, management, designers, operators, inspectors and risk assessors
- Plan and present seminars and conduct in-house training courses
With Special Expertise in...
- Formicary (ant-nest) corrosion in copper tubing
- Stress corrosion cracking of copper tubing under elastomeric insulation
- Underground storage tank surveys
- High temperature oxidation, hot corrosion and corrosion by molten salts, molten glasses
Started C&MC in 1987
Various Consulting Positions
PhD, Metallurgy, University of Manchester, England – 1965
- Licensed Chartered Engineer, CEng #371093, 1988
- Licensed Chartered Scientist, CSci #COR/113/00031, 2012
- Fellow, Institute of Corrosion, FICorr #1141, 1981
- Fellow, Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining, FIMMM #87718, 1997
- Corrosion Specialist, NACE International, #4964, 1994
- NACE International Fellow, 1999
- NACE Distinguished Service Award, 2012
- NACE, International- Member since 1982, Corrosion Specialist 1995, NACE Fellow 1999
- ASM International - Member since1986
- Institute of Corrosion - Member since 1974-present, Chairman (1984-1986), Fellow 1997
- Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining - Member (1963-1995), Fellow 1995
- ASTM, Member since 2009
Miscellaneous Appointments & Services
- UK Government: Member, Working Party on Education & Training - Committee on Corrosion (1972 - 1982). Technical Support, Overseas Development Administration (1981-1986), IIE, Cuernavaca, Mexico.
- Nickel Development Institute (NiDI). Consultant. (1990 - 2000).
- Guideline InfoGroup (Intota). Expert Consultant. (1993 - present).
- Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys (TASA). Expert Consultant. (1989 - present).
- International Biographical Center, Cambridge, UK. Leading Scientists of the World Certificate. 2010.